Victoria’s leading vegetable and potato growers have been recognised at the inaugural AUSVEG VIC Awards for Excellence, with over 170 growers and industry members gathering to celebrate the significant contributions of members of the vegetable and potato industries.
The Awards for Excellence, which were held at Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club on Friday 22 April 2016, provided the opportunity to showcase the dedication to high quality produce, innovation and leadership within these vitally important industries in Victoria.
The winners of the Awards for Excellence were as follows:
- Andrew Bulmer – Grower of the Year (proudly sponsored by E.E. Muir and Sons)
- Daniel Maher – Young Grower of the Year
- Robert Lamattina – Rising Star of the Year
- Jill Briggs – Industry Impact
- Glenn Favero – Community Stewardship
- Chris Millis – Environmental Award (proudly sponsored by Werribee South Farm Supplies)
- E. E. Muir and Sons – Innovation Partner (proudly sponsored by Mode Logistics)
- Schreurs and Sons – Innovative Marketing
- Emma Germano – Women in Horticulture (proudly sponsored by Boomaroo)
- Dolf de Boer – Researcher of the Year
The winners of the AUSVEG VIC Awards for Excellence are in the running for the National Awards for Excellence, to be held during the 2016 National Horticulture Convention on the Gold Coast on 25 June 2016.
“Victoria’s vegetable and potato growers are renowned globally for the exceptional quality of their produce, with 840 vegetable and potato growing operations producing nearly $1 billion worth of produce annually,” said AUSVEG VIC spokesperson Tom Cohen.
“It is important to celebrate and recognise the outstanding achievements of Victoria’s leading growers for their hard work and dedication to the vegetable and potato industries, which are vital to the state’s economy.”
AUSVEG VIC is the leading body representing the interests of the state’s 840 vegetable and potato growers and provides producers with a united voice and strong representation with all levels of government.
“This event was a tremendous success and it would not have been possible without the wholehearted support of Victoria’s growers and industry members,” said Mr Cohen.
“Each individual and business who was nominated for an award has demonstrated their commitment and dedication to the industry, and I congratulate all of the award winners on their success.”