National Australia Bank (NAB) has named Western Sydney University as a ‘preferred provider’ for the Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning and the Graduate Diploma in Stockbroking and Financial Advising.
Both fully accredited online postgraduate courses will assist NAB staff to meet the Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority’s (FASEA) new educational requirements for financial planners.
Western Sydney University’s Acting Vice-Chancellor and President Professor Scott Holmes said the University’s leading role in providing financial planning programs put it at the forefront of reshaping the financial planning sector through quality education and training.
“With high quality and responsive courses, Western Sydney University is proud to work with NAB in upskilling the sector,” said Professor Holmes.
Nick Hilton, General Manager, NAB Advice Hub notes “We are determined to lead a more professional advice industry and through partnerships like this we can better support our advisers in their education journey.”
According to Associate Professor Sharon Taylor, developing quality and accredited courses within the University’s School of Business is a positive step towards building consumer confidence in the industry.
“Educational qualifications and ethical behaviour go hand-in-hand, and by supporting financial planners through accessible financial planning courses that connect them with leading academics, we are helping to lift the industry,” said Associate Professor Taylor.
Western Sydney University intensive financial planning courses include:
- Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning
- Graduate Diploma in Stockbroking and Financial Advising
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Advising
- Graduate Certificate in Stockbroking and Financial Advising
- Master in Financial Planning
- Master of Stockbroking and Financial Advising
- Bridging Units stand alone or part of a Graduate Certificate that are required by FASEA.
Source: Western Sydney University