The Victorian Government is giving Victorian communities the chance to have their say on the names of the new government schools opening in 2020.
Victorian Minister for Education James Merlino announced that the Victorian School Building Authority would consult with local communities on naming the new schools currently under construction and set to open in 2020.
Community engagement will begin in Term 2, 2019, and people will be able to provide feedback across multiple channels such as online and social media.
New schools will open in 2020 in Ballarat, Casey, Greater Dandenong, Greater Geelong, Hume, Mitchell and Wyndham. The schools, which are currently known by their interim names, include:
- Armstrong Creek West Primary School
- Botanic Ridge Primary School
- Casey Fields (Five Ways) Primary School
- Clyde North East Primary School
- Craigieburn South Secondary School
- Davis Creek Primary School
- Keysborough South Primary School
- Lucas Primary School
- Point Cook South Senior Secondary School
- Wyndham South (Riverwalk) Primary School
A new school campus for Beveridge Primary School is also under construction and will open in 2020.
These new schools are part of the Victorian Government’s school building boom that will see 100 new government schools open over the next eight years.
The Victorian Government has invested more than $3.8 billion to deliver new schools and more than 1,300 school upgrades, supporting more than 5,000 construction jobs for Victorians.
The Victorian Government is ensuring every child has a great local school and a great start in life.
Source: Vic Government