Territory Apprentices, students, teachers, employers and training providers can now nominate for the 2021 Northern Territory Training Awards.
The Training Awards recognise and celebrate the Territory’s best and brightest in vocational education and training (VET), including students, apprentices, trainees, teachers, trainers, training providers and employers who are excelling in their chosen fields.
The VET sector supports Territorians to obtain the skills they need to thrive in our new economy and enables the Territory to grow local capacity and create more jobs.
For individuals the Awards can open new doors for careers, provide recognition for hard work and inspire others to give VET a go.
For businesses the Awards are an opportunity to be recognised as an industry leader and provide a platform to network with other businesses and training providers.
There are thirteen award categories; comprising of seven individual categories and six organisation categories:
- Trainee of the Year
- Austin Asche Apprentice of the Year
- Vocational Student of the Year
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year
- School-Based Apprentice or Trainee of the Year
- VET in Schools Student of the Year
- VET Teacher / Trainer of the Year
- Small Training Provider of the Year
- Large Training Provider of the Year
- Industry Collaboration Award
- Small Employer of the Year
- Medium Employer of the Year
- Large Employer of the Year
The 2021 NT Training Awards Gala Dinner will be held at the Darwin Convention Centre on Saturday 18 September 2021. Eligible winners will go on to represent the Northern Territory at the Australian Training Awards, to be held in Perth in 2021.
To nominate and view the eligibility criteria, visit www.trainingawards.nt.gov.au
Source: NT Government