The Territory Government has invested in over 400 activities for children, young people and families throughout the Territory in the upcoming school holidays (1-19 July 2019).
The July 2019 school holiday program provides young Territorians with a great opportunity to experience new sports, get creative through art and craft activities, and go on excursions.
Highlights of the July 2019 school holiday program:
- Darwin has over 90 diverse engaging activities including laser-tag and Late Friday Nights at the Shak which will be delivered in collaboration with GPT Group. An accessible 3×3 basketball game has been developed and will be delivered at Lake Leanyer. All the YMCA Darwin pools will include pool parties, competitions and BBQs.
- Alice Springs has over 110 activities including the Geek in Residence, special Territory Day celebrations, basketball, drop-in centre social and recreational activities, arts, games and digital art, exhibitions, sports clinics, movies, rock wall, crafts, and disco.
- Tennant Creek has over 50 activities including circus workshops featuring the Amazing Miss Debbie and Kids Fun Biz, basketball, drop-in centre recreational activities, snack and chat youth week sessions, NAIDOC celebrations, disco, and arts and craft.
- Katherine has over 80 fun activities including arts, gaming, movies, drop in centre and sports.
- Palmerston has over 80 activities including drop-in sports and evening events, segway excursions, dancing, breakfast and chill out mornings, movie marathons, fitness and theatre activities, gaming and a street party. The City of Palmerston with the support of the Territory Government will be hosting the first ever Palmerston Youth Festival from 13-20 July 2019, to coincide with the July School Holidays. This is a commitment made by the Territory Government, as part of the Breaking the Cycle of Youth Crime in Palmerston initiative announced in 2018. The festival will host nine free events over eight days to encourage youth participation and community engagement.
- East Arnhem has multiple activities in communities across the Gove Peninsula including sport and rec, movies, youth and community BBQ, and a disco.
Most events or activities are free. Visit the website www.youth.nt.gov.au and download a calendar of events to find out what is on in your area and for more information. You can also keep up to date with events by following ‘Youth NT’ on Facebook.
Source: NT Government