Lismore City Council is once again holding a free school holiday fun day, Upcycle Your School Holidays, on Tuesday, 16 April 2019 at the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre.
The day features fun activities at the Environmental Education Centre from 10am to 2pm. Visitors will be able to explore, create, repair, plant and have fun while learning more about recycling and our native plants and animals.
“This is a wonderful day for families – it is outdoors in the sunshine, great for little ones, involves learning and play, and is all free,” Council’s Waste Education Officer Barbara Jensen said.
“You can bring a picnic to enjoy for lunch in the Lismore Rainforest Botanic Gardens or you can look for bargains in the Lismore Revolve Shop. Everyone is welcome – the more the merrier!”
Activities at Upcycle Your School Holidays include:
- Bus tours – what happens to your waste? Tours leave at 10.15am, 10.45am, 11.30am, 12.15pm or 1pm. Put your name down on the day.
- Make a beeswax wrap with North East Waste.
- Load a wheelie bin onto a rubbish truck.
- Our Catchment – use the 3D model to find out where our water comes from and where it goes.
- Koala watch – get help to search for koalas in the trees and look for scats and scratches with Friends of the Koala.
- Put together a nesting box and work out what animal could use it.
- Pot up a seed in compost made from green waste or play the giant game.
- Build a cubby with Revolve Shop volunteers.
- Explore the local environment with nature activities run by Lismore Rainforest Botanic Gardens volunteers.
There is no need to book, just come along to the Environmental Education Centre, located within the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre at 313 Wyrallah Road, East Lismore.
Children must be accompanied by a supervising adult at all times, and you need to bring hats, covered shoes and plenty of drinking water.
Source: Lismore City Council